Monday, October 13, 2008

Leroy's day off

Hello,

As usual Leroy and I did a lot of work on his day off. He went to men’s bible study early in the morning. He is impressed with how many men come to this study on a regular basis.

While he was gone I walked for about a mile and a half. Then I had breakfast and washed rugs. I was trying to get them dry outside before the predicted rains fell. I was almost successful.
Then I vacuumed up the flies in the laundry room, vacuumed up the rest of the basement, and vacuumed the kitchen floor.

Next we went to pick herbs from someone’s garden, stopped at the library, and admired the trees in their fall glory.

In the afternoon we made four-five gallons of cider, cleaned up from that, and delivered cider around town to various people. It is such fun to give something way.

We did put two gallons in the church freezer since it has not much in it and it is bigger than ours is. We have almost half a gallon left for us to enjoy as it is fresh.

We think this is some of the best cider that we have ever made. These apples are just about perfect, sweet, juicy and firm.

Miriam says there has been snow in the Utah mountains so we know that winter is on the way.
I will miss the flowers when the frost puts an end to their year. I have been incredibly blessed with color and delight.

Paula

No comments: