Friday, October 17, 2008

Airplane plant descends





Hello,


"Look at this plant," I told Leroy, "I don’t think I can live with it up there and it will not get enough light."


"We have an old macramé hanger downstairs in my work room," Leroy said, "We could use that."

"Good heavens!" I exclaimed, "We kept something like that, stored it and moved it?"

"Yes I saw it just the other day," Leroy assured me.

So after thinking about it for a half a day I went and got this hanger that I had made while Leroy was in Seminary. I am astonished to think that it survived and is still usable. I am a little ashamed to think that we did not get rid of it long ago. I thought we had lightened the material load to the bare necessities. So much for that self-concept of lean living. It must be some other person.

Well I am pleased with how that plant looks now. It is not such a highflying airplane plant. I will enjoy it all winter. A friend gave me a potted rosemary plant from her garden along with some basil leaves that we dried. Heavenly smells!

I picked off some of the coleus so I can enjoy them for a while in the house. If they do really well I might put them in a pot too. For now they are just living in a jar of water. I am using some of the blue canning jars that did not have smooth tops.

It is now quite cool outside so we think there could be frost. For sure it will be in the low places.

Paula

No comments: