Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Snow in Utah

Hello,

Miriam said that their cars had snow on them. So snow was a bit more widespread than just in the mountains. We are cool here, but snow should be a while yet. I still have three houseplants outside. I also want to take some cuttings from the coleus.

I hung out clothes today and they all got dry, but it took them quite a long time. I suppose my clothes line days are numbered. So I must enjoy my time out there.

Yesterday when we made cider two bees came and visited. One of them accidentally came in the house with me, or maybe it was on purpose. I saw it on the edge of the strainer. I tapped the strainer a little so I could knock any cider that was clinging to it. My plan was to then walk over the door and let the bee out. The tapping stirred the bee up and away. We have not seen it since. I keep thinking that I might sit on it and get stung on my delicate bottom, but so far my bottom is unassaulted.

Yesterday just as we were cleaning up from making cider, some school kids stopped and asked what we were doing. They would have liked to see the press in operation. As a consolation I gave them a cup of cider. They declared it to be delicious.

Brian was getting rid of a rain gauge. I brought it home and tied it to the clothesline pole. Today, I was excited to see a little over one fourth of an inch of rain in there. Leroy had told me that was not a good place to put it since it is under the trees. Before this we could simply say, "A lot, some, not much" about the amount of rain that has fallen. I am pleased it worked since it was the only place that I could figure out. Now I can say a little more that what it actually registers.

Paula

No comments: