Thursday, October 9, 2008

Quilting

Hello,

We quilted today, but it will be the last day for some time to come. Now various people will be sewing together the tops in their own homes. I will miss the comradery of the group, plus I like doing something that I feel is so worthwhile. My weeks will be a bit longer without that contact with others on a regular basis.

Leroy and I were blessed with more produce: zucchini, summer squash, peppers, and tomatoes. We are just munching away.

We are going to have an adult Sunday school class that will interact with son-in-law, Stephen. After a bit of a struggle we, mostly Leroy as my part consisted of moaning and groaning, got our year old webcam to work on Leroy’s laptop at church. It took a few days to accomplish this. Leroy and I both thought it would be almost seamless. Not so since he has updated software on the church computer. We can then feed the picture through the TV so all can see it. It is remarkable what is possible.

Now if they have electricity and the line is not too slow it should be good. Stephen had an article in the Lutheran magazine and we are using that as the basis of our discussion.

My neighbor across the street gave me some more canning jars as well as another houseplant. She offered more houseplants, but I thought I would be prudent and stop at one blooming airplane plant. I have had these plants in the past and enjoyed them. Moving plants is always fraught with a bit of risk.

Paula

No comments: