Saturday, October 18, 2008

Comforter Struggles

Hello,

Last night, I was in bed before Leroy. Now that is quite amazing because I have more things to do to get ready for bed. Some of which involve the care of teeth. Leroy does not floss! Or he probably would say, "I do sometimes." I could change that "not" to rarely in deference to the occasional floss experience for Leroy. So that takes some more time for me. Then he just lightly swipes the brush over his teeth. I, on the other hand, put in the full two minutes that the electric brush runs. I follow that with another small brush I call a "Christmas Tree" that goes between my teeth. Finally I rinse, hoping to ward off any parasites who might want to grow in my mouth.

Then I have to "remove" my face each night. Leroy believes that his face is fine the way it is. Consequently I am usually last in the bed, but that is ok on these cooler nights because he gets the bed warm before I get there.

Last night I got there first because something was bugging me between my teeth so I took care of these nightly duties early. Leroy came into the bedroom and said, "I think we should get out the comforter."

"I agree if you will go get it," I said, "I don’t want to get out of bed."

Leroy then got the comforter and put it on. Now I did not notice until in the middle of the night that the comforter just came to the edge of the bed on my side. After unsuccessfully trying to pull it more to my side I had to sleep carefully the rest of the night so I was not open to the elements.

When I mentioned it this morning Leroy said, "I wish you would have taken some of it because I had to fight the comforter all night."

"What do you mean fight?" I wanted to know, "I think I had the worst position with little cover."
"It was so much around me that I found it difficult to move," he moaned as he pointed out the comforter almost touching the floor on his side of the bed.

It was hard for me to gather up a minuscule amount of sympathy for him. At least he was warm.
Paula

No comments: