Thursday, October 30, 2008

Apple Cider

Hello,

Leroy and I again made apple cider, about three gallons worth. We gave one gallon away to the people who gave us the apples. Some of the rest we will freeze in smaller containers. The rest we might just guzzle with delight. It is so good. Even though many of the apples were some yellow variety it is still quite good. The color is much lighter than usual. We really do not know what any of these apples are for sure. Most are not delicious, but that is good because I do not particularly like delicious apples.

We have enough apples left that we might make cider one more time if the weather is good about a week from now. Leroy thinks there will only be enough to get about one gallon, but I think there is more. We do want to keep plenty of apples to eat and I will want to make more small batches of applesauce.

I washed clothes today. The sheets looked like sails billowing in the wind. It was a perfect day. The only problem is that I did not take a walk today nor did I do any exercises. I suppose one day off is fine, but it is easy to let several days go.

I tutored again this morning. I am so sorry that I did not ask sooner. I have enjoyed it and I find that we discover more things to talk about as we are together longer. She brings papers that the school has sent home and we discuss what those papers are trying to tell her. Today I was thinking about what it would be like to be a non-reader even if you did speak English. So hard! Most of us are not thankful enough for the abilities that we have.

I was asked if I would sing a solo in church on Sunday as the background for a liturgical dance. I am scared about doing that. It is so hard since I almost never sing by myself. I am practicing, but it is harder when I have to accompany myself. I will have to spend some more time on it.

Paula

No comments: