Sunday, October 19, 2008

Home Alone

Hello,

Leroy is off to a professional leaders conference so I am home alone. Spouses could go along if they like, but I have never done so. I figure that they can get along without me. I might be a bit lonely here, but it is only until Tuesday. I am used to being alone a lot on Sundays and Tuesdays too since Leroy is often gone all day and sometimes just comes home for meals. Now tomorrow might get a little long, but I do have some tasks lined up. I have not dusted in the living room for a long time and then I would have to vacuum too. So that will take some time. Then I need to go renew the car license. That means a walk downtown and while there I will go to the library since it is only a block away. I will look for more children’s books to share with my Russian friend.

This morning one person gave Leroy a nice compliment in adult Sunday school class. They talked about how much they like the Bible study that he does on the lessons for the next Sunday. I will have to say that I probably get more out of the sermon since I know more when I hear it. So the study is of benefit to me too.

It is nice to have someone talk about you when you are absent if they say good things. We should do more of that.

Leroy and I made the fifth batch of applesauce yesterday. I think that will be all since I have run out of jars. My neighbor said I could have more, but for now that will be all. I am pleased to have this much it is way beyond my expectation. We will make one more batch of cider and I think that will be the end of that. We have some apples that we will keep around to eat for the sheer enjoyment of eating them. I may up my quota to three a day. I remember doing that in the past during apple season. I would eat one in the morning and one in the afternoon and one with a meal as dessert.

Paula

No comments: