Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Small Town

Hello,

One of the facts about living in a small town that has a newspaper is that sooner or later your picture will be in the paper. And several people will comment that they have seen it. Leroy and I walked in the CROP walk. We were in the group picture and then there was a shot of us walking along the road with another woman. We all looked brisk and breezy.

We have pictures of our oldest daughter from the newspaper when she was a preschooler at the library. The other children did not get photographed for the paper before we moved to a smaller town that had no paper. Even though I know that many people from a city will look at a small town newspaper and slightly turn up their noses, it was a great way to get information out to the community. It was also a bit exciting to see our pictures there. After all not everyone can say that their picture has been in the paper.

I went over and asked my Russian neighbor if she would like to come to my house and we will speak Engish for an hour. She will come, but her husband wants to come too. I really would rather have just her. I believe if he comes he will do most of the talking and not give her a chance. She is the one who needs more help. Tomorrow we will see what happens.

It is colder here today. I brought in the hanging houseplant that my neighbor gave me. Now I realize that it hangs too close to the ceiling and I am not sure what to do about it.

Leroy stayed home this afternoon to help me make more applesauce. He commented, "We are getting better at this. It did not take so much time."

Paula

No comments: