Sunday, October 26, 2008

Comforter Tales Continued

Hello,

A couple nights ago, Leroy said as he marched around to my side of the bed, "I am going to make sure that you start out with enough cover."

He then proceeded to give me a generous portion of the comforter and the blanket beneath. I have to confess that in the middle of the night I woke up with more than my share of the covers. They were hanging down over the side almost to the floor. Because of the weight it was difficult to turn over let alone try to push them over to Leroy. I guess I can not complain from now on I must just grab a hold and pull to get back my share.

I am a little ticked because the battery cover came off the pedometer when I was carrying a heavy load against it. Leroy suggested, "Cover it with tape." The cover is bright blue so I could put it back on, but I still might resort to the tape. But for now, I just decided to try to remember to take it off when I am doing such tasks. This is now my third pedometer. Is there no perfect one that will last a long time? Two of the three have been free so I should not complain about that either.

Faith had been restored in the younger generation. The family that lost their house in a fire is picking out very practical things. They are also not "greedy", but only get what they need on a daily or weekly basis. Many of the women have commented on how they are carefully purchasing items that are on sale. Makes them feel that the world will be in steady hands when we leave the earth.

The other day when Leroy and I walked to the store we saw three deer across the street in an open lot area. They did not pay any attention to the cars going by but they seemed to be keeping a wary eye on us. Guess we look threatening.

Paula

No comments: