Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Making scones

Hello,

I decided to make scones when we had company. After all, what better time to try a new recipe? I emailed son-in-law Stephen because he had made some scones that I liked. He sent me a recipe that did not use much milk; important since Leroy is lactose intolerant. It also used oatmeal and I liked that idea of adding to the nutritional value of the product. I even followed the recipe, except that I did not have any butter in the house and instead used olive oil. Since the butter was going in as a liquid I felt it would be fine to substitute. Also it seems that altering recipes is my great desire and challenge in life. We think the scones are quite good. I will probably make them again someday. Our guest seemed to like them as well.

We, as did many of you, had a brisk wind on Sunday. Now most of the leaves are off of the trees in our yard. I am happy to say that I do not see many on the ground so raking will not be a large chore. I do not know where these leaves are because I do not see them in the neighborhood, saving me from guilt. I did notice on my walk to the library that two older, but not decrepit women, were raking up a lot of leaves in their yard. I thought maybe I should help, but did not stop to do that. After all being outdoors and working is good for the soul. By the way, I read that old is about 15 years older than what you are, making it a moving target, always out there somewhere.

The church here is again interviewing a candidate for the pastor job. I did a little more straightening up so they can look at the house. I feel sad that my flowers froze, but that can’t be controlled.

Leroy still has not heard from any of the jobs for which he has applied, but we continue to feel that God is taking care of us. We have had to stay here to get copious amounts of apples, pears, zucchini, and cucumbers.

Paula

No comments: