Thursday, October 2, 2008

Apples

Hello,
I picked apples yesterday morning. We got a lot of apples and they are great apples. We canned a batch of applesauce. We both said, "It has been just too long. This is wonderful."

This afternoon we made some cider. It was good also. The apples were nice and juicy so it made a lot of cider.

My sister gave us a 29 pound watermelon so we are again well blessed with fruit. How rich we are!

This morning I went to a neighbor’s house and helped get set up for the fall garage sale. I thought there would not be so much stuff, but it was a full garage. It overwhelms me to have to deal with so many things. I finally had to concentrate on just one box and not look at anything else.

As one person said, "It is hard to believe there is a recession when there are so many clothes here that are not worn out. People just buy more because they are tired of the old."

Leroy and I will be heading to MN tomorrow to visit with Brian, Jen, and Sophia in the late afternoon and evening. Then in the morning we will go visit some of the former Slovak missionaries. It will be good to see these people again.

We are experiencing beautiful fall weather. Our nights are cool. I have three pairs of pj’s out. Some for warm weather, cool weather, and cold weather. Each of them has been worn only once or twice because we have such changeable temperatures. It is good to have all sorts of possibilities for the weather.
Paula

No comments: