Friday, October 10, 2008

Sump Pump

Hello,

"What is that motor running in the basement?" I wondered as I came in from outside.

When I checked I realized that it was the sump pump. I could not see it, but it was quite loud. I unplugged to an accompanying crackle of sparks. When Leroy came home he plugged it in, checked outside, added some water to the hole, and declared, "There is something wrong with it." Concurrence is a good thing even if there is no help in the offing.

Today a congregation member who had fixed my sprayer in the kitchen sink came to look at the front door that is a bit askew even if it is a new door. I seized the opportunity to have him look at the sump pump. It took him a while with pulling up the sump pump, adding a great deal of water to the hole, finding the proper tools, looking for a wire, and finally using a wire coat hanger. It seems to be fixed. He is not guaranteeing the work.

Leroy and I made yet another batch of applesauce this afternoon. Then we picked up some more walnuts. The two other people that we had given them to did not want any more. But we were happy to learn that our next door neighbor wants them. He is going to crack them and use the nutmeats. I am pleased that he will do that. We will give him all of those that are left.

Leroy was pleased because he got a new printer for church and it all was so easy to hook up. I had tried unsuccessfully to clean/fix the old one. Hurt my pride a little that I did not help, but I will get over it. Leroy also was pleased because he had been having some trouble with the computer network at church and he was finally able to solve those problems as well.

Paula

No comments: