Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Walking

Walking
September 3, 2008
Hello,
Leroy and I walk almost every morning. We go on many different streets. It does not take too long and we have explored all of those streets that are close enough. Lately we have been going to the high school track that is about half a mile from our house.
A number of people walk the track although usually not more than four others. Most of the rest of the walkers drive their car to the track. The other day Leroy ran some and when I walked past an older couple. We greeted each other. Then I slowed down and walked with them for a while.
After they related where they lived, the woman commented, "We have seen you out walking."
I think other people have remarked on the same thing. That tells me that there are very few people getting exercise by walking around.
Because there is no job change for us in the near future I feel both of us "settling" into this place. Leroy is planning on all of the fall programming and I am thinking that I must figure out what to do with my time. I will probably see what things I can do as a volunteer. We believe that we can live without me making money. I am not opposed to making money, but I want to do a job that is satisfying and not just earns.
This year the walnut tree in the front has a lot of nuts and the two in the back yard have almost nothing on them. The trees in the back are now losing leaves while the front walnut still has almost all of them. What that means I do not know.
Paula

No comments: