Friday, September 12, 2008

Nursing Homes

Nursing Home Service
September 12, 2008
Hello,
I will have to say that not all nursing homes are created equal. I like the one that we went to this afternoon. The staff there makes quite an effort to bring the residents to the area where we have the service. Leroy was also surprised because they called him to check that he was coming. However, when we got there no one seemed prepared. The woman, who talked to Leroy on site said, "I was expecting you a half hour from now. I will hurry and gather everyone."
I could even hear these people singing a little. That was nice. Leroy, emboldened, picked out three hymns instead of just two. Another thing the staff has done is to compile their own hymn collection. That is nice (but may be illegal, copyright and all that) because they are a little bit bigger print that many hymnals are, making it easier for them to read, but not heavy because it is only about 20 pages. I can read them easier too. So that is great as I make fewer mistakes when I see well.
One of the women listening to the sermon even laughed at the right time. I figure that means she is quite alert. With some of the others it is hard to tell what they are taking in anything. Several of these people did thank us for being there.
When we moved here, Leroy and I were not so pleased to see a one-car garage here plus a carport. Now, however, we are quite happy to have the roof over the car. When it is raining, as it was today the value is increased. In the winter it also means that we did not have to scrape the windshield since again that roof protected it enough. An added plus is that no gas fumes come in the house from the garage. Isn’t it great the positive things you can find about something that originally was seen as slightly negative? Course it would have been harder had there been a lot of negative feelings.
Paula

No comments: