Thursday, September 18, 2008

Guitar Books

Hello,
Leroy has not really played his repaired guitar much because he has forgotten some of the cords. He was going to buy a beginning guitar book at a garage sale and I said, "Why don’t you wait until the last day. Surely that is not a popular item."
Little did I know that someone else wanted it. Just last week he put a note in the grocery store shopper giving notice that he would like a beginning guitar book. Someone did call him. This guy was in the neighborhood. He teaches guitar and he had many books. He just gave Leroy five books. Leroy is quite pleased. The only problem is that the books smell like smoke and Leroy started to sneeze. We put the books in the garage in a garbage bag with baking soda. Do you think that will help? If it does not, does anyone have any suggestions for something else that we can do?
I told about the oil that we got for our pottery candle. I tried the bottle of oil that declares itself to be smokeless. It is wonderful. I have enjoyed looking at this clean flame.
The other day I put on a pair of jeans. They are old and at the bottoms of the legs there is some fraying. When I took them off I noticed that I could see light through the fabric in the crotch area. Even though I like them I will soon have to declare them beyond saving. It is not a big deal since I have four other pair, but I liked this pair.
Tomorrow, I will be going to Minnesota to visit Brian’s family. I will drive up hopefully with proper timing so I miss downtown Minneapolis during rush hour. I have heard that the new bridge should be open and that is my traveling highway. I will come back Sunday afternoon/evening.
Leroy says he will miss me. However he will be very busy because he has a wedding and a funeral on Saturday. Then of course on Sunday he has the regular services. That is a lot of different sermons to give in two days. I remarked, "It is too bad that you do not have a baptism too then you would cover most of the highlights of life."
Paula

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hope you have a good time in MN, Mom.
Sarah