Friday, September 5, 2008

Public Transportation

Public Transportation
September 5, 2008
Hello,
I am going to visit Brian and Jen as well as attend a picnic of some of the people who lived in Slovakia the same time we did. Leroy, unfortunately, can not go because he has a wedding that Saturday. I told him, "Just tell those people that you think marriage is a risky business and they need to think about it much longer before they take this big step."
Leroy laughed and said, "I will admit that I feel left out, but you go and have a good time."
Granddaughter, Sophia will be a year old so I will be able to attend that celebration. I am happy that the two events coincide so I do not have to choose between them, as I surely could not justify making two trips.
I thought I would take the bus, however when we looked at the cost it was cheaper to drive even if you consider the "wear and tear on the car". Then we talked about the fact that Leroy would have to drive a total of 120 miles to take me to the bus and pick me up. On the other end of the trip, my son would have to pick me up. Although I am up to the challenge of trying to figure out how to get close to his house on the city bus, but it would not be easy and I would still be more than 2 miles from their house. So I am going to drive saving money, and time. I wish I could calculate the pollution values of going by myself or using the bus when we have to make so much effort to get to the bus. If the bus came to my town then I am sure it would be better to use it.
In the paper there was a report that people in Argentina were so frustrated with the lack of transportation that people were burning trains. The trains come every eight minutes but they are so full that people have to wait. I wish we had such a problem. I think eight minutes is not a bad time to wait.
Paula

No comments: