Monday, September 8, 2008

New Bishop

New Bishop
September 7, 2008
Hello,
Leroy and I traveled to the installation of the new bishop of our synod. It was a beautiful day to be out and about. In spite of a football game at Iowa we did not have any problems with traffic. It all depends on timing and direction of travel.
Because we always get hungry at meal times and there was not really time for us to go to a restaurant ahead of time we brought along some cold pizza that I had made the night before. We pulled into a rest area and ate it. Then Leroy said, "I need to fill my water battle."
"I will walk along with you as I want to move around a little more." I said.
We then walked off and left our favorite small cooler with my favorite flat Tupperware container, some reusable ice packs, and partially eaten pizza. Leroy thought of it about 30 miles away.
We were both a bit disgusted, maybe a little embarrassed, and wondered if we are really "losing" it. I do not believe I would have done such a thing when I was younger. Surely not!
Then we played a little "elephants and tigers". We started saying things like: At least we did not have an accident, the car did not break down, and at least we did not walk off and leave the car. At that we laughed and felt better.
Now I wonder what they do with such things because I suspect we are not the first people to leave something at the rest area. We both feel that it will all probably end up in a landfill as if we need more things there. But I can not imagine what else they must do.
Paula

No comments: