Thursday, September 11, 2008

New Kites

New Kites
September 11, 2008
Hello,
Leroy’s new kite took to the air as if it had been made just for that. Now I had a little more trouble. Finally Leroy said, "Why don’t you come farther away from the tree."
That worked like a charm. I did not think it was blocking the wind so much, but what a difference. School was just getting out and students kept craning their necks to see what was happening with our kites. We did get the strings crossed a couple times requiring some delicate handling. It was all fine in the end. Leroy said, "I am ready to go buy some more kites, but I do not know who I would give them to."
I think that exercise would have a lot of devotees if the results were more instantaneous. This waiting a couple weeks for results can be daunting. I think Leroy is starting to stand up straighter since he has been working with an exercise band or whatever you call that thing. He has been quite faithful so it should be doing something right?
I thought that Leroy and I were losing a bit of the weight that we had gained since we have been back in the US. Well this morning at quilting they told me to weigh some boxes. In order to do that I had to step on the scale. That scale listed me as being about ten pounds heavier than I am at home. Shock! Sure I had on clothes, shoes, and had eaten breakfast, but really is this right? Leroy thinks we need a new scale. I agree that this one is not accurate as you can weigh two different amounts in about 30 seconds. I keep thinking that comparatively it should work, but I guess not. That will be on our list of things to buy when we finally are in a place more permanently. It is amazing how the thought of moving something makes it much less attractive. Too much energy is applied to each item.
Paula

No comments: