Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Feeling better

Hello,
I woke up feeling not 100 percent better, but much better than I had felt the day before. I am grateful for that. I am taking Claritin for a couple days since I thought maybe it might be sinus or something like that even though my ears seem clear.
A person in the congregation who raises grapes gave us some purple table grapes. They are wonderfully sweet. He also grows wine grapes.
Just before noon today our neighbor brought over "Russian Lunch". It included borsch, thick slices of bread that seemed much more European than I normally expect to find in this country, a medium sized cucumber cut in half longways and sprinkled with salt, and some bacon that surely came from one of the local families because I do not think you can buy such thick small pieces in the store. It was a delightful treat with the soup in a pot and the rest artfully arranged on a pretty plate.
Another of my neighbors is on a trip to New England and she asked me to water her outside plants. I am happy to do that. I somehow get the feeling that our neighbors do not spend much time talking to each other when some of the newest neighbors are approached for some neighborly help. The neighbors on the other side were gone for a weekend and asked us to pick up their mail. If were going to be here much longer I think I should organize a neighborhood gathering so all of these people could meet and talk a bit more.
Paula

No comments: