Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dizzy

Hello,
I thought I would talk about my trip to Minnesota, but first I have to say that I am dizzy. When I move my head the world keeps turning a bit. I figure that if it is worse tomorrow I will have to visit the doctor. I had this once before when I was in college. That time I woke up one morning and I could not walk but had to crawl to the bathroom so I could throw up. I told Leroy we should put a pan by the bed so I can use it if necessary.
As always I thought I should give you the wildlife report. On the way north I drove under a flock of pelicans, at least I think they were pelicans, flopping around trying to decide where they wanted to go in life. Or maybe they were trying to choose a leader and no one would take on the job so they meandered in circles.
On the drive back home a fly joined me in the car after I stopped to get gas. It was quite an annoying companion. At one point I opened the windows to try to blow it out. I think half of my hair went out, but the fly did not. At almost 70 mph there is a great deal of force to the wind.
About half way north I realized that I did not have my cell phone with me. I was quite upset for a while, but then I remembered that I had driven for 35 years without a cell phone and managed just fine. I was hoping that I would have a seamless trip and that was exactly how it went.
In Minneapolis they were working on I35W and I had to loop around some construction stuff. For some reason at that point I was the only person on the loop. A little bit disconcerting when usually there are at least 50 other cars in sight. But I came around the bend and there were my traveling buddies, so I knew that I had not taken a wrong turn that would put me in the middle of big road repair machines.
Paula

No comments: