Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Listening

Hello,
Yesterday, Leroy stood outside waiting for me to come so we could go for a walk. As I came out I noticed that he was staring up in the walnut tree.
"What are you looking at?" I wanted to know.
"I can hear a squirrel chewing," he told me, " and I can’t see it."
"You can hear a squirrel chewing?" I laughed.
"It is somewhere up there," he replied as he pointed high up in the tree. "Oh there it is."
"I can’t imagine that you can hear a squirrel chewing," I said, "but where is this squirrel?"
"If you would be quiet," he ordered, "you might hear it too."
Sure enough when I stopped talking and moving I could hear some scratching sound and when I finally spotted the squirrel it was indeed chewing on a nut.
Leroy and I were hoping that we could make some apple cider from our neighbor’s apples, however when we tasted the apples we decided not to put forth the effort. The apples were not very juicy and we thought they were quite bland. It is too much work to come up with something that we do not really like.
I did freeze some of the peaches that we have been given. I do not mind frozen peaches on my cereal. They tend to turn a little brown, but it is not so very many and I will just ignore it. Because of the number of pears we will start eating pears three or four times a day.
Paula

No comments: