Monday, September 15, 2008

Fruit, fruit, and Fruit!

Hello,
Last night someone brought pears to the church. I decided we could take a few more. As we were leaving these people asked if we could take some more as not all of them were claimed. I just hate to see produce go to waste so I took some more. I am not sure that Leroy and I can eat them all. I may have to go buy some jars. I asked Brian and they like pears. I will take some to them on Friday, plus I will take a couple jars of my sauce for Sophia.
Late Saturday someone brought us some small white Iowa peaches. I do not really know if they are called that, but I call them that. I made a peach crisp. Leroy and I liked it even though I did not peel the peaches. I prefer to eat peels if I can. There are still more peaches sitting on the counter.
My neighbor who has the pear tree told me, "I also have two apple trees and I can not use all of the apples. Would you like some of them?"
"That would be great," I responded, "Do you like cider? We have a cider press and we could make some cider."
We had gotten a homegrown cantaloupe at the grocery. It was so good that we went back and got another one. That was before we had all of the fruit in the house. Now I am not sure that we will be able to eat it all.
We are well blessed indeed. Besides that my cheap cast off mums are starting to bloom. Two of them have just started to unfurl. I am excited to see a dark maroon color. It is just so much fun to be surprised. I have thirteen mums and I have no idea what any of the colors are.
Paula

No comments: