Sunday, September 14, 2008

Technology



Technology
September 14, 2008
Hello,
Yesterday Brian called me about four times from the grocery store. Brian and Jen are not big squash eaters. He was trying to buy some so they could feed it to Sophia since she likes it. He said the squash was all piled together in a large bin. He read of the types that were listed and asked for my favorite. I answered, "Butternut is my favorite."
"What does that look like?" he then wanted to know. I gave him a description.
"I don’t see any that look like that I will ask the produce guy," he said.
Then a bit later he called back to say, "They do not have any butternut, what is next?"
"I also like buttercup?" I decided.
"What does that look like?" was his next quarry.
"I am not sure, tell me all those kinds again, and describe what is there." I suggested.
After we dealt with that for a while I asked, "Don’t you have a picture phone? Send me a picture to my email."
"OK," he said, "Goodbye."
I checked my email but there was no picture there. Then Brian called back to say, "I have not paid for that service so I can’t send pictures." After that he described some of those squash again and he made a selection on the best guess from my description.
Today when I checked my Hotmail, there in the junk mail box was a picture email from Brian showing me his beautiful hand holding a squash. A squash that I can still only guess is buttercup. Before this I have not really felt any need for a picture phone, but maybe I am coming around.
"Leroy," I wanted to know, "Should we get new cell phones? Do we NEED new phones?"
Paula

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Now what would you need to take photos of with your phone??

Once you take the photos, you have to figure out how to get them off the phone...if you want to send them to anyone.

Seems like a lot of work to me!

Sarah