Saturday, September 27, 2008

Passports are Here!

Hello,
Leroy got his new passport yesterday and mine came today. I did not suspect there would be such a quick turn around. I think the first time I got one it took a month at least. The person in the office here had talked about 3-4 weeks. I was a bit skeptical. Well this was just a little over a week. They certainly moved fast.

Leroy and I rode bikes over to the county museum to see the blacksmith working, the old cider press operating, and get fresh roasted peanuts. There were a couple of the buildings that we had not been in so that was nice to complete the trip.

While there we met a woman in the congregation who, when she learned we had a cider press, asked, "Would you like some apples?" She knows someone who has about 100 tress and we can just get what we would like. I think that sounds like a great deal. I will make some applesauce too. I am excited. The applesauce I will can, but I am not sure how to keep the cider since we do not have a separate freezer any longer. I also need to find more jars for the sauce, but I am sure that I can do that. We will figure out something for the cider.

The mums have started to bloom at the front of the house. There are at least four different colors. No yellow, but all shades of orange to purple to magenta. I guess those to be the colors since I can not really name colors. But I certainly can enjoy them. It is especially pleasing to me since these were almost in the garbage. I bought some when they were 90% off and some my neighbor got just before they were to be thrown away. It gives me a good feeling to rescue something that is so beautiful now.

Tomorrow night we are going to visit Leroy’s sister. We have not seen them in two years. I guess there is no real excuse for that since we now live in the same state as well as the same country. Then on Monday we will meet my sister and her husband in Missouri. That is about half way between our too homes. That is one way to deal with the distance. When our entire family lives in another place than we do it takes quite a lot of time and effort to see everyone. None of our immediate family live in the same place either.

Paula

No comments: