Thursday, June 29, 2023

Storms or Smoke

Hello, Even in the middle of the day, it is good to have a light on. It is not storming here, but it could. The smoke from the Canada fires is seriously in the air. What is in smoke? Some people are having difficulty with respiratory issues. Fortunately, we are okay. One good thing about these times is that most are well supplied with masks. There has been some learning during the pandemic. In an hour I will go to the garden. There is still a chance of a strong storm that could get me quite wet. The rain would be quite welcome. It will be good to pull some weeds and put down more newspapers and mulch. Not as many people have helped in the garden so there is more work to do there. For some reason I have not spent so much time there either. Partly it is the daytime heat stopping my enthusiasm. Today is not so hot so I hope to make some progress there. The garden was weedy. The bean row looks quite a lot better. Some weeds did not pull from the roots, but tore off. Later weeding is in the cards. Only managed to get one bucket full. By that time the temperature had started to climb. I was quite sweaty before I got home. It seems that I should go for a short time every day. That would certainly make a difference. It is satisfying to pull weeds and look back at the cleared area. Paula

No comments: