Wednesday, June 14, 2023

New learning

Hello, Today I helped at the noon meal site. I gathered there were not so many people, but still it had to add up to 100 or more. Outside as I was leaving, I met a woman who was pushing what appeared to be a wheel chair loaded with several bags. She also had a dog on a leash. She asked, “Is this the place to get a meal?” “It is, but they closed at 1:00.” I said, “I am sorry.” “It is not after 1:00 is it?” she questioned. It was about 1:30. I became aware how a watch is really a luxury. How many other things do I not even really think about owning? I am privileged. I was working in the dinning area. Basically, I supplied water for people or carried trays for the small kids. It was easy work, but I was tired when finished. I walked to this church which is closer to my home than the one I usually go to. I also delivered some neighborhood newsletters in the morning cool. I now have over 9000 steps. 10,000 should be easy to finish today. I have gone 75 days with 10,000 steps. There is a certain amount of pressure to continue. Self-imposed pressure. It is very dry in western Iowa. Leroy wonders what is going to happen. He remembers when we lived there that people/farmers were taking out the wind breaks which would hold back the dust or soil. A farmer we knew was complaining about that. It could well be a problem in the near future. Would that windbreak have helped to hold moisture in the soil? Paula

No comments: