Saturday, June 10, 2023

Rain or not

Hello, We have a prediction of rain. I do not expect it to happen. It is cloudy; however, we have seen that before without results. Somedays, I have even hung out clothes with no results except dry, dry, dry. I am becoming pessimistic about the possibility of rain. Water still comes out of the faucet and we expect that to continue for some time to come. We water gardens so they can still produce. We can also be clean in many ways. We/I have been rather lax about cleaning. Today, because we are expecting company tomorrow, we got a good job done. Leroy really contributed a lot of work. He washed the bare floors and vacuumed the others. I dusted and put some things away that I do not feel need to be out. I am ready to get rid of more knickknacks. They are just dust catchers without contributing much to the scene. The real question is what to do with those unwanted extra items. For some reason I would be happy to give them to someone who would like them, but I am not ready to just put them out of the door without a use in mind. I do not remember having these feelings before. Did they come with age? Perhaps it is because we have had some of these things for many years. Does that make them seem like an extension of me? Someday, we will have to downsize again. I must get myself in a good mood for such a task. Paula

No comments: