Friday, June 23, 2023

No Bugs for Breakfast

Hello, Leroy and I went out before breakfast to pick black raspberries. The big deal with going so early was to beat the heat. We did well, but there were not as many berries as in the past days. That was ok because we were both tired and ready to come home. Before we left, I insisted that Leroy eat a bit because he gets low. He was again hungry by the time we got home. This time we cleaned the berries with an extra eye on the bugs. Hopefully we got them all. We did the usual trek to church to water there. On the way home stopped at the garden and watered just some of it. We are concerned about the seeds that have not sprouted yet. Leroy did go out one more time to get the last of the newsletters delivered. No more hot walks today. I did wash and hang a load of clothes, that was hot enough. I need to pick up a filled prescription at the drug store, but that will be my walk tomorrow. Leroy is going to walk to work so I can pick him up when he is done. I will try to remember to deadhead some flowers around here and to water the home garden. Tonight, we go to a bell concert at a church that is fairly close to us. We did go out in the car this afternoon to take advantage of a six hour sale at a gas station that is close. It was great, the cheapest gas we have seen in a long time. Paula

No comments: