Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Walking Into the Wind

Hello, The sun was out and it seemed warm in the sheltered area by the house. I started out wearing my packable down coat which is not so warm. It was unzipped, but it was not long before the zipper came up which was followed by raising the hood. My lighter gloves were ok. Too bad I do not get extra steps for the extra energy that it takes to keep going forward. I was going to a study at church and had just barely gotten there when it was time for the study on the stations of the cross. There was a nice group of people there, most of whom I knew. That is one of the best things about being in a place for a longer time, to see familiar faces. Then there was a concert/prelude to the mid-day service. The flutist played a regular flute, followed by an alto flute which had a curved part. She also had a sub contra bass flute. That certainly expanded my flute knowledge. It was beautiful. The service was meaningful. It was followed by a light lunch. One of the best things was having some time to visit with people. I earned over 7,000 steps so maybe I did get some credit for waging battle with the wind. I am going back to church tonight for choir practice. Leroy will go to church service before that, but I do not generally go twice in one day. Paula

No comments: