Thursday, March 23, 2023

Dressing for the weather

Hello, Dressing for the weather might seem easy, but it can be tricky even if layers are used. The temperature was about 40 F. when I left for church. I should have checked the temperature so I would know what it would be on my walk home. I was quite comfortable on the way to church, but too warm on the way home. It is good to dress in layers, but what to do with the layers when it is time to remove them? I will have to figure that out. It does help when I have my backpack so I can put gloves, hat, or scarves in it. Today I did not have such. We will walk to church again tonight, hopefully I will be more at the proper layer level. Leroy has some trouble with this when he rides his bike to work. He mostly dresses for the cold and then is too warm on the way home. My house plants in the sunny windows need so much more water than those in a shadier area. One of the pots with coleus in it had a drooping branch. After a good drink this morning it has revived. I will have to water everything well on Friday before we leave. Leroy has a doctor appointment so I can do that while waiting for him to return. I did not get this sent yesterday. Dressed ok in the evening, but still a little warm. We have Wednesday evening meals before the service. Leroy and I were signed up to serve. We arrived early so we could eat ahead of time. For some reason there were no volunteers to help with set up so we did some of that. Much had been done, however we added to the total. As soon as was necessary we started to serve. There was a pizza option and we helped with that. The pizza was not cut through so we had to do a lot of cutting before handing it out. After the serving there were not many to help with clean up so we got into that too. I stayed down longer than Leroy because I had gone to the service at noon. A service once a day was enough for me. We had choir practice after, making it a full night. I can say with certainty that we were very tired. It was even more of an effort than usual to walk home. Paula

No comments: