Tuesday, March 21, 2023

The Right Thing

Hello, I have several email accounts, one of them is strictly for money issues. If you had asked me, I would have told you that I look at that account often. However, I learned the truth because there was an email that needed attention. It expired after a week because I had not tended to it. This morning I called the company and told them that I had not checked the email until today. The person assured me it was ok, but it does not feel that way to me. 1when talking to the representative, I had forgotten to have my account number handy so I was asked some security questions. One was about the color of one of our cars. I guess I was so agitated that I did not really listen and gave the wrong color. He then repeated the year and make of car and I gave the correct answer. “Oh, for heaven’s sake.” After all that I learned that I was talking to the wrong department so I had to make another call to a more local person. Finally, this afternoon I read the new resent email and followed instructions for an electronic signature. It is fast on one level, but slow on the uptake. I now have a new resolve to look frequently at that email account. The problem is that it can be days before there is anything in there. It will have to be just a routine that I adapt. Can I do it? I certainly hope so. Paula

No comments: