Thursday, March 30, 2023

Home From St. Cloud March 30, 2023 Hello, We came home from St. Cloud, MN yesterday afternoon. I know most people go south in the winter, but we and one other couple “bucked the trend” by visiting two couples who live in that wonderful city. It was a solidly good choice of a thing to do with being a tourist, talking, laughing, and eating. We learned some things about the city and the area. There is life even if the snow is deep. The weather was better than expected with most days in the 40-degree F. level. The sun on the snow was beautiful. Leroy, and one of the women and I walked three of the days. She took us on two walks around their respective neighborhoods and one along the Mississippi River. Each was quite nice. I can say that Leroy and I got our 10,000 steps all but one day. It was great to see the fast-flowing water, some ducks, geese and up on a tall pole a rather large, but unidentified woodpecker.
We had visited a museum that showed many of the local birds and animals in the area it was great to see that as well as an exhibit about World War II. On the day we returned it was 2 degrees so we did not get in any outdoor walking. However, it is noticeable as we traveled south the snow amount got smaller and smaller until it was no longer there. I was amazed by the coleus that I have in a pot. They grew a lot while I was gone. Apparently, they did not miss me. Both the white and the pink cactus have a new blossom open. I like coming home to plant beauty.
Paula

No comments: