Saturday, March 4, 2023

Following the recipe

Hello, I had a recipe for a crustless veggie quiche. That had a great appeal today because we had all of the ingredients and it would need the oven, warming up the kitchen. First it called for 7 egg whites. I like to use the whole egg. Leroy thought four eggs sounded like a nice substitution. That was the biggest change. After that Leroy said as he finished cutting the mushrooms, “It is a little more than a half cup so I am just going to put it in?” “Ok,” I amiably replied. Then when he cut up the orange pepper, which was supposed to be red, but no red in the house, he said, “Oh there is only a little pepper left. I am going to put it all in.” Again, I agreed. It was supposed to have garlic powder and we had chopped up garlic. It was a guess as to how much, but we forged ahead. After we had it in the pie plate, Leroy said, “That does not look like enough cheese. We should add more.” We did follow the suggested oven temperature and cooking time. Have I trained Leroy well? Paula

No comments: