Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Snow

Hello,

 

What should I write about? I have had a quiet day at home. Snow started to come in the afternoon. Once it started it was immediately serious. I texted Leroy to find out when he was coming home so I could have the incline to the garage cleared. That keeps it much better for longer. He said, “I am leaving work at 3:00, but will stop at the post office on the way home.”

 

Because it was 2:50, I immediately started gathering warm clothes to go out and start shoveling. I cleared a sidewalk path to the garage, when I looked behind me I could see that it was almost covered once more.

 

At the garage I started shoveling. Some of the same spots were cleared at least three times. Leroy still had not arrived so it was on to my side of the garage. Then back to Leroy’s side. When he got home, he went and put on some different clothes. We both worked until we had cleaned by the garage once, but knew we could not keep up. I was so grateful that the snow was dry and light.

 

The sidewalk was covered with at least three inches by this time. I thought we might just do a narrow path, but we worked until we had it all open for about five minutes. I am planning to go out again before bed so we do not have such a large amount to deal with in the morning. Course, maybe it will quit before morning. I like to get it cleared before people walk on it because those steps often create slippery spots. I still like snow and I find it satisfying to shovel because it looks so good when done.

 

We went back out. I can say there is a lot of snow. It now seems heavier, perhaps because of the depth.

 

Paula

No comments: