Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Flat Tire

Hello,

 

Yesterday, Leroy called to tell me that he had not left work yet because his bike had a flat tire. That did not really fit into my schedule, but of course, I would come since it would be a three mile walk home. I finished up what I was doing and drove there in “his” car. Neither car is large enough to accommodate the bike with all wheels on.

 

Leroy grumbled a bit, “We need that new bike carrier at home now.” We had left it at the shop thinking we did not want to store it and when the garage door is worked on we would have fewer things to move out of the way.

 

He took off the quick release front wheel and we put the bike in the car, but needed to take it back out and orient it the other direction to accommodate the handle bar. When removing the wheel something on the quick release bolt broke so that will have to be replaced someday. For now Leroy took the item off of my bike since I do not ride in temps that are below 50 degrees.

 

Last night, while I was on my virtual book club meeting for the library, Leroy brought the tire into the kitchen and looked for the leak. It was a hard search, but he finally found a very thin wire. When putting on the repair patch he managed to glue his fingers together. I have some finger nail polish remover so he managed to get them apart without damaging his skin.

 

He just came home now and declared that the bike tire held him up coming and going.

 

Paula

No comments: