Thursday, December 10, 2020

Hanging out Clothes

Hello,

 

We hung out two loads of clothes today. It is amazing that we are still doing this almost half way though December. It was cool/cold, but now it is quite fine outside. Ironically in the summer the clothes are almost constantly in the sun when on the line. Now, however, it is a much harder to find the sunshine as it is lower in the sky and the house blocks that possibility. In the summer with much more heat, the clothes do not need so much sun to help them dry.

 

The clothes were quite dry in just a few hours. It must be the dry air that is helping the process. Leroy helped with both hanging and taking them down again.

 

I am only going into work two days of the week. I notice the difference. I did work two other hours this week, because I am the library representative for the monthly book club. I also do yoga from home. It was disappointing this morning as there was only one other person there, but it was nice to visit with her since I have not seen her for some time. Two of the others let me know that they had other obligations. Having others come to the yoga sessions keeps me working at it myself because I feel responsible to try some new routines.

 

Leroy and I took a long walk this afternoon. There were roofers working on at least three places. I am sure those people were happy that we have such nice weather, yesterday as well. I still see many tarps on roofs. Somehow I do not expect that all of them will be taken care of before serious winter arrives. Do roofers work in blizzards? I know that soon I will not be hanging out clothes. I will miss that fresh outdoor smell.

 

Paula

No comments: