Saturday, December 5, 2020

Mailed Christmas Letter

Hello,

 

This year Leroy and I have been faster to get together a letter to send out for Christmas. Part of that is that Leroy has more time off and when we talked about doing it he sat right down and did his part. That hung over me for a few days, but was much harder to ignore than when he is barely thinking about it.

 

Even after it was “done” it sat on the computer for a few days. We talked about having him print it off at work, but then realized we have a printer now. It does not have color capability which is fine for most things. We could at least print it off and proof it which is easier for both of us to do when we are reading from paper. We then decided the pages were too full, are we wordy? Leroy found a small graphic that could be in just black ink and look fine. After both of us read it, Leroy went ahead and printed off a number of copies. While listening to the Manheim steamroller Christmas music, I actually got about a fourth of them ready to mail. I am so impressed with us and the ability to move along on this project.  Do you think that the prednisone Leroy takes is giving him energy?

 

I needed to get a power cord out of a drawer that has many cords in it. While there, I almost got waylaid into the total sorting mode. For some reason this drawer also holds larger mailing envelops, some new and some old. It is time to lower the supply. I did make piles of those I thought could go out. When Leroy comes home he can give his opinion on the process. Certainly I want more of the cords labeled as it is hard to find, at least for me, the cord that I need for any particular item. Why are not these things universally created so they would fit on any of the items we own? One of life’s mysteries?

 

 

We “went” to Christmas at Luther, our alma mater last night. That is one advantage of technology. It was great to see that on our big new TV.

 

Paula

No comments: