Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Our Christmas tree is up

Hello,

 

I helped Leroy bring the boxes down from the attic. I then went off to the store to do a little shopping. That great Leroy got the artificial tree together without my help, amazing! He also put on the lights and the gold garland. I was happy to have him do all these tasks. Unlike some people, I am not so excited about putting up the tree. Do you think it was because the tree did not come in my house until Christmas Eve? Certainly the idea of putting it up on Thanksgiving does not fit my concept of what is proper. Plus we leave the Christmas decorations up until the end of the Christmas season which is on January 6th.

 

I did help put on the ornaments. We are sure now that at the end of the season we will eliminate some of them that are rather tired. There are plenty of them so none will be missed. Many of these were gifts so putting on the tree is a little trip down memory lane.

 

There are a number of things that we set around the house and we put out all of them. Some of those also need to go. But since we stored them we are using them this year.

 

Last year, Leroy insisted that we must get new lights. I was not so convinced. At the mark down after Christmas we did buy some and I am glad we did. They look nice.

 

Our church wanted a picture of us. We did not have anything recent and we are not good at taking selfies. Our downstairs friends helped us. I thought it was a very good result. Amazing what people can do when they know what they are doing.

 


Paula

No comments: