Thursday, December 31, 2020

A day with no shoveling

Hello,

 

We did not have to shovel snow today, but we did chop a little ice that was on the sidewalk. It was only a little because it mostly did not come up. Our neighbor was busy getting snow on a pile so cars could more easily turn the corner. I stopped and told him, “You do such a great job opening the crosswalks.”

 

He replied with a grin, “It is my specialty.”

 

Who knew? He also sweeps up that corner when he mows the lawn. It is amazing how much care some give to the smallest detail.

 

Leroy and I went shopping this morning, both to buy and to return one thing. I tried to tell Leroy how to drive and he did not like that. We are still together, but we did have a few words. Can you imagine?

 

We did one impulse buy. We have a cover that stops spatters in the microwave. Once Leroy had thought he had set the timer and instead he ran the microwave ruining the fairly new cover. I called the company and learned that we could still use it even though it was quite bubbly. Leroy wanted to replace it because he was embarrassed by it. I suggested that we discard it when we move because it is a rather big bulky item. He acquiesced, but not willingly. He was out shopping a few days ago and found one for the low price of $1.79. He did not buy it but mentioned it. Today we went back, looked and bought it. On the sales receipt I noticed that it was really on clearance, it had been $10 which is more like what I had paid for the original. I guess for that much of a bargain we can figure out how to pack it when we move.

 

Paula

No comments: