Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Phone To Car

Hello,

 

We have had a phone connected to the car system for a long time. I like that because I can answer the phone without searching for it. It is nice that the voice comes over the speakers, I certainly feel safer than it would be to have a phone on my lap or up to my ear. Since we got new phones in September, I have not been successful getting that new phone connected. Both Leroy and I have tried unsuccessfully to complete the job. He was able to connect his new phone in his car with little to no difficulty. Pushing the proper spots, did not help at all. After a call from Leroy that I did not answer because I was driving, I brought the car manual inside to read at my leisure. Luckily it was in English.

 

There were some instructions that I did not think we had tried. I took it back out with phone in hand. Just so as not to confuse the car with the old indication of Paula’s phone that appeared on the car screen, I deleted all old devices and started over. It was actually rather simple and it was connected in just a few minutes. I called Leroy to make sure that it worked and it did!

 

Now if you call me and I am driving I will answer unless there is something on the road that requires my strict attention. One thing about technology it is great, but if we cannot figure it out it is like a marvelous treat hidden just beyond our reach. I am grateful for instructions and the ability to read and mostly understand them.

 

Paula

No comments: