Saturday, December 19, 2020

Changing Landscape

Hello,

 

On my walk today I took in the changes on a street where, in three or four blocks I counted ten tree stumps that had not been there before. Going though the park in my neighborhood revealed even more changes and tree clearing. It is so open which makes it almost unrecognizable. Surely replacement trees will be planted, but knowing the growth rate of trees, it will be a long time before they become beautiful giant shade providers.

 

Another changing landscape is our bodies. Leroy and I have both lost weight from his illness, he because it was too much of a chore to eat and me because I do not easily eat when I am anxious. We have been trying to gain weight, but it is slow going. I have added a bit more than Leroy has. He is constantly pulling up his jeans and complaining about keeping them on. A belt barely does the job anymore. My clothes stay on with little difficulty.

 

I was applying for some more life insurance. For that I had to have a health exam. The blood work showed two areas where I am not on the positive side. It must not be a big deal because the agent said that they gave me the top rating in the health department which means that I could get more value for less cost.

 

After much decision time this morning, Leroy rode his bike to work. It is not that cold, but it is to be possibly below freezing when he comes home. He is worried about snow melt, water running across the street, and then freezing. He is concerned about slipping on the resulting ice. I think the streets are so clear he will be ok. I am glad he rode his bike as it always gives him a lift in spirit.

 

Paula

No comments: