Saturday, December 26, 2020

Fitbit

Hello,

 

Leroy gave me a new Fitbit for Christmas because my old unit would no longer work. I mourned the passing of the old because it had given me good service for at least two years, it could have been three years. My friend, who gave it to me, had also used it for at least a year.

 

When I first tried to connect to the Fitbit app on my phone, I could not get the new to connect. I had much more success on the laptop, but it still took some fussing around. Could that be my age, since I am a year older now, or does everyone have to do a bit of fussing? I finally found the place where I could delete the old and add a new. Then it all worked perfectly. I did not want to know what was happening with the phone app, but I tried that this afternoon. I was pleased to see that it welcomed my new model. It took a little time updating, but then it was seamlessly connected.

 

With this new model I can have more functions available. Not sure that I am ready for all that. I am happy to have the date and time display, but I do not know that I want a lot of notifications. Sometimes I like to disappear into my own world where no one can find me. It is called solitude.

 

I walked today while wearing the new device. It seems to me that it records more steps than my old one did. Does that mean I might actually walk less than I did in the past? I have read that all these tracking devices do not record the same, but they are consistent with themselves. So I can compare one day’s steps to another.

 

Paula

No comments: