Saturday, December 12, 2020

Snow, Snow, Snow

Hello,

 

It snowed during the night creating much light coming in even though blinds were drawn. The bedroom windows have the addition of light darkening curtains, but they were unable to entirely filter the intensity.

 

Leroy and I went out before 6:00 am to start shoveling. We always get up early so that was normal. The snow was wet and heavy requiring quite a bit of strength or smaller shovels to get some lifts up and away. It was snowing steadily so the first places were already covered by the time we got done. It felt good to get out and accomplish something. We will have to do it again later, but at least it will not be the full amount, maybe about half.

 

Later, the snow was not so much so we finished the shoveling in a hurry. I know it is unusual, but I enjoy doing that. It gives me such a sense of accomplishment when I see the cleared sidewalks.

 

In the afternoon we went to the community garden and picked a bit of Red Russian Kale. I had to knock the snow off, but it was quite fine under there. I hope to be able to pick some more before it is all gone. Leroy believes that the snow will help insulate it. It can tolerate 19 degrees F., but it is to get to 12 later in the week. That might be too much for it.

 

This morning Leroy and I did the ten movement Tai chi form. I miss the 24 movement form, but since we are meeting on line we have been doing this shorter form because we do not have so much space to move around our homes. It has the same movements as the 24, but they are in different order so it required quite a lot of thinking at first. Good memory test.

 

Paula

No comments: