Saturday, September 1, 2018

Leroy's Schedule

Hello,



Leroy has booked himself quite a schedule.  His boss at the museum is on vacation so he is working there today and then again on the Monday holiday. He is going to church tonight because neither of the other pastors is available. He is taking most of the day off Sunday, but will be there for his grief group Sunday evening. He will also work a good bit of the day Tuesday because we do not leave for Salt Lake until late in the day. We will arrive there at midnight their time which is one a.m. for our body time. I just hope we are awake enough to get off the plane. We are not late night people.



I have done another batch of pears that made six jars. Part of me would like to ask Leroy for just one half hour on Sunday afternoon because I would like the company especially since I selected most of the larger pears to work on first. My guess is that with his help cutting up the pears we could be done in 30 minutes since it takes me an hour when I do it by myself. This will be the last bit of pears to do. A part of me feels guilty even thinking of such a thing since Leroy has not had a full day off in at least two weeks. How he has gotten so booked I am not sure, but LeroyI guess he is just talented.



The only thing about doing all of this canning is that I do not get so many steps covered. I will have to take a walk to add to my total. I do stand while I cut up the pears and get them ready. I remember my mother sitting for many of those tasks. I am not sure why, but I generally like to stand while I cut things.



Just a shot note on the Salt Lake trip. We are each only taking one bag that we can stick under the seats because we do not want to pay for luggage. Do you think we can have ourselves adequately covered? We do have some things stored at Miriam’s, but I remember many of them being for winter rather than the 80 degrees we are expecting. I can always borrow from Miriam, but Leroy might have to go to the second hand store as he and Andy are not quite the same size.



Paula

No comments: