Monday, September 3, 2018

Passwords

Hello,



I am gathering a few passwords or rather tips to remember them so I can use them if I need to when I am in SLC. Because of taking only a backpack, I am not taking my tablet even though it is slim, it still would take room and weight. A few magazines and puzzles which are going to be packed are important to keep us entertained. I suppose I could also download some book or other on my phone, but it does not excite me to think of reading a book on that small screen. Instead we will use the neighborhood library. After being at their home that is our first stop. Yeah for libraries all over!



This morning my Fitbit had two lights flashing alternatively. The home website did not seem to have a help area so a general search was next. The proffered solution seemed possible, but I was unable to make it work. Another easier suggestion worked its magic and all is as it should be. How often do we go for the difficult challenging solutions and find that simple is best?



Two nonfiction books are currently interesting to me. One is by Dr. Lucy Jones, with the title, Big Ones: how natural disasters have shaped us (and what we can do about them). The other is by Austin Channing Brown with the title I’m still here: black dignity in a world made for whiteness. Both of them are comfortable for a layperson to read, however I have to spend more time thinking about the ideas presented so it does not go as fast as fiction. I did just finish, by Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling) the cuckoo’s calling which was a good mystery. I will try to remember to read the other two in this series. I cannot imagine a world without books. How would I learn so many new things? My world is not large enough to expose me to so many different ideas.



Paula

No comments: