Sunday, September 23, 2018

Clothing Choices

Hello,



It is a trick to dress correctly for the weather inside and out especially when one walks to ones destination. Today it was quite cool when I left the house for church so I had to wear something that would keep me warm. At church, however I was too hot. Luckily I had put on some layers that I could take off.



In the summer heat, we dress lightly to keep cool on our walks to and from church, however in church the AC is set much colder than I like or find comfortable. Hence I almost always bring a wool scarf that gives me a bit of instant warmth. Leroy almost never wears a short sleeved shirt to church. I think he has some very nice short sleeved shirts, but they mostly hang out in his closet as his work places are also too cold for comfort. He tells me that at the museum library he often wears a sweater that he keeps there just for that purpose.



Seems to me there is something wrong with this picture. I believe that I adjusted more easily to the heat when I did not live in a place that used air conditioning. Now we get used to the inside cold and cannot tolerate the outside warm. Who likes and wants these low temperatures on the inside of buildings? I do meet a few of them as they complain about the outside heat and think it is wonderful inside. Apparently people can have a best temperature that is five degrees different from person to person. I want to know how the cold preferring people have won the AC war. Perhaps we could split the difference and set it somewhere between what I prefer and what others prefer.



Paula

No comments: