Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Clothes Out and In



Hello,



The weather report that I looked at predicted 100% chance of rain at 12:00 and again at 1:00. In confidence, I hung out two loads of clothes and headed off to do a little shopping with three “quick” stops. I am not much of a shopper so I generally spend little time looking at other things that are not on my list. As I was heading up a hill the fuel light came on telling me that I should resupply. There were three gas stations on my way so that is not a problem. However by the time I was filling the tank I looked off in the distance and noticed ominous black clouds heading this way. Before I pulled in the garage it was quite serious about a storm even though it was only 11:00. I picked up my purse and one bag, shut the garage door, and raced to the back porch where I met my wonderful friend who commented about the clothes on the line and the storm coming. He offered to help. We then raced to the line where we frantically put clothes in the two baskets that I had downstairs. We had quite a focused time racing against the rain and wind. As Clark said, “It is a bit exciting and fun to try to beat the rain.”



I suspect the ozone in the air contributed to that feeling. Our challenger was relentless and we finished just in time as drops started to fall.



I still had bags in the car including some with milk and yogurt. Donning my raincoat, I braved the pelting rain. My legs got a bit wet, but the raincoat did its job very well.



It was not quite so exciting to hang up the damp to almost wet clothes, but I am grateful for the racks that I have which help with that task. Great to have such a helpful friend!



I wonder why I expected the weather prediction to be so

precise.



Paula

No comments: