Friday, September 14, 2018

Curley Hair and Peaches


Hello,



I got a hair cut shortly before going to UT. Partly it was because my hair was getting long and partly because my hair does not curl so much in UT. After being in the dryer air, I wished I had had the stylist cut off some more hair. I have to confess that I like my hair better in the Midwest summer where it is curled by the humidity. It certainly makes it stay in place. Now that I am back in the Midwest my hair looks shorter because it is curled up much tighter.



Leroy and I ate some peaches every day that we were in UT. Mostly we had them on our morning oatmeal. It was great to have them fresh and good right off the tree in the back yard. Some were not so ripe when they fell off the tree, but we ate them anyway. Sometimes we also had peaches combined with granola and plain yogurt which is a favorite snack or dessert. We ate so much granola, as did some of Miriam’s family; I even made granola twice in the week we were there.



Several people have asked what we made with peaches. I believe they were a little surprised that we just ate them fresh and never even talked about making anything that would require work or sugar. Just give me fruit that has enough natural sugar and I am happy.



Today I made granola at home. Seems it just doesn’t stop. The granola recipe that I use, I learned when Leroy was going to seminary back in the 70’s. Talk about ancient history.

The granola recipe requires a cup of honey.  However, there are eleven cups of dry ingredients so I think the honey is spread out quite a bit. Especially when I have seen cookie recipes in which the amount of sugar and flour are equal the granola seems not at all sweet.



Paula

No comments: