Friday, September 14, 2018

Real Life

Hello,



The day after we came home from our trip we settled into life as usual. Leroy went to work. I looked for my Fitbit charger. I had thought I took it to UT with me, but could not find it in my backpack. When I looked at home I was unable to find it. Consequently I took everything out of that backpack including the things I seldom move such as tissues and a small note pad. The charger came out from the depths of a pocket. Grateful! I then plugged it in to the USB port of the laptop, left it for several hours only to find that it had not charged one bit. I looked in the charger only to find lint and whatever. A small brush helped to clean out the small space. Now the lights came on when I plugged it in. Grateful!



Driving to the grocery store I made a left turn only to see an older man almost in my path. I missed him by a few feet. Grateful for the miss! I trembled around the grocery store. Would one of those cars with all the safety features have helped?



In the afternoon, which was planned for household chores I got a call from my coworker, “Did you remember that you are scheduled to work today?”



Oops!I raced around getting changed, writing a note to Leroy, driving carefully, arriving two hours late, and gathering my emotions to focus on work. Am I getting old and forgetful or what? Course I do not generally work on a Wednesday so that is somewhat understandable. This makes me think I should get my calendar going on the phone and put in unexpected work times along with other items so I would get reminders. I had checked the paper calendar to see that I was working on Saturday. However I work on Saturday from time to time so that is not unusual. With children in school, the library is not so very busy during the day consequently my coworker could easily handle the business. Grateful!



Paula

No comments: