Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Health and Garden


Hello,



My blood pressure was good today. I am always happy when it is in the normal ranges. It seems the more I fuss about it in my head the more it spikes. I did meditate this morning and perhaps that helped to calm me down. I thought I might have gained a little weight because I have switched from skim milk to 2%. I read that it is good to have some fat with the milk to help one use it somehow. I did not take off my shoes or even that lightweight jacket that I had on. My weight was still a bit lower than I thought it should be. Could it be because of all the veggies that I am eating?



This afternoon I went to the community garden. I believe that someone else is using it regularly as a zucchini that I thought I should pick was gone as were several egg plants. There were almost no tomatoes on the vine so I suspect someone harvested those as well. I was glad to see that. It is a nice walk to get there and back. I did harvest some oriental greens and some arugula that will be the basis for my salad lunch which I will take to work tomorrow and another one on Saturday.



Whoever is using the garden does not take those green things or the kale that is quite vigorously growing. Someone has almost denuded the collards this year. Last year I begged people to take them. Last year kale struggled to live because it was harvested so vigorously. We must have some newcomers in the neighborhood. Unfortunately the green beans did not grow very well. When I go I pick about two and just eat them with relish, enjoying their fresh from the vine flavor. It can be a little tricky to figure out what other people will like.



Paula

No comments: